It hardly seems possible! Soon we will have another year in the record books! As we look back over 2017 we want to say Thank You to our monthly Speakers and also take a moment to remember the wonderful young women we have been able to help in their careers with our scholarships. We look forward to helping more in 2018!
Each year Women’s Focus awards up to $2,000 for scholarships thru the Milwaukee Area Technical College. A $1,000.00 scholarship per semester is awarded to an outstanding, female student seeking a degree at MATC. We love to meet each of them and hear their about their plans for the future.
We are honored to have been able to help so many of our Speakers favorite causes. In appreciation of our meeting speaker’s time, Women’s Focus makes a $100 donation to the organization of her choice. Here are just a few of the organizations that we have been able to help.
- Boys & Girls Club of Milwaukee
- Camp Hometown Heroes
- Exploit No More
- Friends of St. Catherine’s Residence
- Grafton Lion’s Club
- Kathy’s House
- MACC Fund
- Metro Milwauke Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission
- Ozaukee Humane Society
- Ozaukee Washington Land Trust
- Pewaukee School Scholarship Fund
- Tailwaggers911 Dog Rescue
- ULC 100 Anniversary Legacy Project, Emergency Housing for Refugees Fund
- United Way of Northern Ozaukee
- Wisconsin Humane Society
- Women’s Club of Wisconsin Foundation